Friday 18 February 2011

Getting started...

Even though I spend at least 30 minutes each day reading creative blogs, I have found starting my own still quite a daunting task. For a little while now I have been meaning to get my own online journal up and running, to join the world of blogging that I have found myself becoming increasingly addicted to over the past few months. So here it goes!

After a long day yesterday I was thrilled to this morning wake up to sunshine, and lots of it! I have discovered this winter that I am REALLY affected by the miserable weather in terms of my outlook on life, after spending the last 20 years believing that the rain didn't really bother me. So there was a definite spring in my step as I drove to work this morning, which coffee is currently keeping alive until home time. The sky-light above my desk in the office is finally doing its job well, as I find myself sunbathing rather than literally having a black cloud above my head. Its all making my macchiato taste so much better!

Tonight also holds a wealth of excitement for me, as I attempt to create my first ever batch of brownies (with my masterchef boyfriend looking over my shoulder of course). How I managed to get to this age without ever doing it before I don't know, I guess I just always preferred the humble fairy cake. 7:30pm has never looked so inviting a time, when I plan to sit back and enjoy an hours worth of Etsy browsing accompanied by delicious chocolate-ness and hot tea, some of life's most simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment