Tuesday 12 July 2011

Mid-night motivation

Unable to sleep...my mind swimming with a thousand unfinished thoughts, I decide to pull myself out of bed for a spell of late night blogging. I'm not entirely convinced that I will thank myself in the morning for this, a late night combined with a ridiculously early start makes for a caffeine craving that I just can't satisfy with the one mug, and a completely un-productive day. But I think that's exactly the reason why I'm in front of my computer in the first place...

For the past few months, I feel like everything that I do has been at a snail's pace. Things haven't necessarily been hard, but they have just taken me so long to get sorted and the problem continues! Jobs half done, work dragging on, in terms of life at the moment I feel like I am dragging my heels so much I am in danger of starting to go backwards. And I have no real idea why this is, I know that we forget to do things and everyday tasks get in the way but enough is enough. I'm fed up with writing optimistic to-do lists every morning at my desk, only to find that by early afternoon, nothing that I had to-do has been-done. I have not even scratched the surface.

I have had a couple of great things happen for my career in the past couple of weeks, and they have really made me stop and take stock of well, me. My working attitudes and how if I don't change the habit of a lifetime, things will really not go anywhere. Fast....or at all.

So I guess tomorrow is another day. I'm putting on my brave hat now, my brand new hat that I knew I had but kept stashed away to keep it new. I love how Mondays can make me feel like this, sometimes I feel like I could honestly conquer the world on a Monday. But I probably won't...though it is on my to-do list...

1 comment:

  1. Oh I recognise this! Sometimes I imagine that in a parallel universe there is another me that has made full use of every opportunity life has provided and is massively successful and accomplished. Plus she has a really to-die for wardrobe. Then I remember although there are things I can improve on in my life, I'll probably never be that person as hard as I might try, it never lasts. Guess it's party of what makes me, me.

    ReplyDelete