Wednesday 5 October 2011

Hi...

It has been a difficult couple of months but hey, I'm still here. Now nearly fully recovered from injury and from illustrating my first EVER children's book (much more about this very soon), I have had a bit of time to relax and rewind before getting back into the swing of things. And swing I must!

A few weeks ago, a major scald to my right hand and wrist meant that drawing/writing/doing anything was virtually impossible. Bandaged up and on quite a heavy dose of painkillers, I was forced to take it easy for a while which certainly led to some serious thinking time. Have you ever realised just how valuable being made to sit back and take stock of your life can be? Especially as you approach yet another birthday...

But I have now come through the other side. My hand won't heal completely for a little while, but I have my movement back and it's now time to put those thoughts and plans into action.




Oh, and should anyone special check out this blog for hints on said 'birthday', I would loooove this gorgeous Orla Kiely radio, it would look fantastic in my kitchen. For too long now I have needed a fashionable way to listen to music whilst I do my daily pottering.


No comments:

Post a Comment