Thursday 19 May 2011

My treasure

I am thrilled to report that my recent 'creative drought' has lifted! And I have one person to thank for it, the lovely man in my life, my rock. Seeing that I was suffering under what I can only describe as a substantial black cloud, he sat me down and we talked about everything, honestly and in-depth. What can I say, he should be available for therapy. Basically he told me to just draw what I love, so I did...and I am...and now I can't stop. Perfect.


My treasure is the new work. It was inspired by my memories of late summer holidays on the English coast, often chilly but nonetheless magical to me. There was nothing I loved more than dipping in and out of the dozens of rock pools, each with their own little treasures to be found, each more beatiful than the last. And obviously I just had to beat my sister into finding the largest crab, hidden in the depths (well, the shallow depths).

My treasure will be available in my Etsy shop soon, watch this space for the link and for details of an exciting couple of weeks coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment